Mitch Mahoney

Mitch Mahoney
Geneva, Switzerland

Monday 10 August 2015

Airport and Arrival

After an eight hour plane ride, I have finally arrived in Switzerland!! It feels so amazing to finally be here after waiting for months.

Yesterday I woke up around 10 am so I could get ready and finish up my packing. I said some final goodbyes to my house and my cat Felony, then we were off to the airport. There was some traffic on the way but we got there fairly early. When we got to the baggage checking area, I met up with another exchange student named Cam going to Switzerland as well. We were booked on the same flight so fortunately I had someone to chat with while going through security and waiting at the gate. After my luggage was checked, I took some pictures and said goodbye to my family, with lots of tears from my Mom, of course. Security went super smooth and Cam and I were waiting by our gate in no time. While looking for some seats, we came across another exchange student named Tamara, who was also on our flight. However she is off to Austria, just landing in Switzerland. Then, after waiting in line at Tim Hortons for almost 45 minutes, it was time to board our plane. The whole process went super smooth and we were in Zürich eight short hours later. After getting our luggage, we met our host families then went our separate ways. My host parents were both at the airport to pick me up, then after getting a few quick pictures, we got in their car and drove for one hour to the town of Malans, where I will be living for the next few months. I am just unpacking now and still getting settled. In about an hour my host mother and I will be going into the city to go grocery shopping! It sounds super boring but I'm actually very excited to see more of the area and how grocery stores in Switzerland are. Anyway I need to keep unpacking. I'll be posting again real soon!

Mitch Mahoney

PS, I attached some pictures from the airport, airplane, and driving to Malans... enjoy!

Last picture with my family

Exchange Students!!


Meeting my host parents


Village of Malans

5 comments:

  1. Mitch, this is all sooooo exciting!!!! Your home family AND your host family are all lovely and I'm sure Mama Julie is missing you terribly already!!! Tough for us parents to let our kids go even when they're your height & clearly no longer kids!!! Switzerland is one of my fave countries!!!! Get some skiing in and take it all in!!! Before you know it, it will be over and you'll wonder where time has gone!!!! Such an amazing experience!!!! Enjoy and keep blogging!!! We'll read you everyday as I am sure Mama and Papa Bear will too!!!! Have fun!!! Syl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitch,
    My wife and I will be following your blog and we are already enjoying your experience. You are young and there is so much culture and people to explore. Your mom & I went to school together and your Dad was my brother's boss at one time. I know the both of them are extremely proud and happy that you have this opportunity and we all hope you enjoy it! A lifetime of friendships and memories for you has just begun!! Enjoy ever moment of it!!

    Brian Connolly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Micthell!!

    So happy you had a safe arrival to Switzerland and everything is going well.
    I'm looking forward to following your blog and seeing all the wonderful things you are up to.
    Take care and enjoy!
    Xo

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Micthell!!

    So happy you had a safe arrival to Switzerland and everything is going well.
    I'm looking forward to following your blog and seeing all the wonderful things you are up to.
    Take care and enjoy!
    Xo

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Micthell!!

    So happy you had a safe arrival to Switzerland and everything is going well.
    I'm looking forward to following your blog and seeing all the wonderful things you are up to.
    Take care and enjoy!
    Xo

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete