Mitch Mahoney

Mitch Mahoney
Geneva, Switzerland

Saturday 8 August 2015

One day left!

Today is my last full day in Canada. It's weird to think that tonight will be the last night sleeping in my own bed for a full year. That is, if I even sleep. I am so excited to begin my adventure tomorrow, I just can't believe how fast it came up. However, it really does not seem like I'm leaving for a full year tomorrow. I am very calm right now, excited and nervous, but still calm. This whole thing still does not feel real, but I'm sure that will change very quickly once I'm on my flight.

This past week has been crazy. I got the chance this week to see my sister for the first time in several months, and she will be coming to the airport tomorrow which is fantastic. Also this week I had to say goodbye to many of my friends and extended family. It was very emotional to say goodbye to my close friends, I'm definitely going to miss all of them. I said my goodbyes to my extended family last night when they threw me a going away party. It was so nice to get the entire family together one last time before I left. I'm really going to miss them all, but I'm staying positive because I know I will have a new family and new friends in Switzerland.
The cake at my going away party

Anyway, I should get back to packing. Keep following my blog for more updates of my adventure! I will certainly be posting a lot over the next few days with lots of pictures as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment